The Government has established a reference committee of representatives from key stakeholder associations. This provides an efficient means of engaging directly with a wide range of key private sector stakeholders and exploring matters of detail arising from the consultation process.
The reference committee consists of representatives from the following stakeholder associations:
- Australian Bankers' Association;
- Australian Financial Markets Association;
- The Australian Shareholders’ Association;
- International Banks and Securities Association of Australia; and
- Investment and Financial Services Association.
In addition, Ian Harper, Assistant Director and Dean of Faculty at the Melbourne Business School is also included in the reference committee. The Review Team will also consult with the Australian Office of Financial Management.
It is expected that the reference committee will meet several times over the course of the review.